I am very sure you have heard of Black panther if you haven’t please make sure you are still on earth. Black panther is the hottest movie right now. It is phenomenal and it is doing great in box office, it is already considered the best movie of 2018 There was so much hype around the release of this movie I just couldn’t understand why everyone around me was so crazy about this movie. So I went on YouTube to watch the trailer and truthfully I was impressed. I am not fan of action Movie but I wanted to watch it so bad.
Then the perfect opportunity came I watched the movie and all my doubts disappeared I totally loved it(and still do). It literally brought me to tears. I loved everything about the movie. Watching it made my day.
For those who don’t know Black panther is a 2018 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. Produced by Marvel Studios. In Black Panther, T’Challa returns home as king of Wakanda but finds his sovereignty challenged by a new adversary, in a conflict with global consequences.
what I love about Black panther
The list of things and why I love black panther is endless but I will list some.
- The costumes were Amazing, I wanted to steal one of the costumes from the film. Their costumes are kick ass especially the Dora Milaje.
- The way women were portrayed: I hate watching movies where women are used as an object to fulfill a man’s fantasies, kept as food to be devoured by men with their eyes. In this movie women were not just seen but heard. The royal guards to the king and throne of Wakanda were women. And I couldn’t be more happy.
- The scenery was amazing you need to watch it to understand and a big kudos to the cinematographer. and all those who worked on the location and the effects. AMAZING JOB!
- The editors are also amazing. The editing was clean.
- And let us not forget the unforgettable characters brought to life by amazing actors. My favourites are kilimonger played by Michael B Jordan(I would date him in a heart beat)and Letitia Wright as Shuri. Let’s not forget Danai Gurira as Okoye and the delectable Lupita Nyong’o as Nakia and the black panther himself Chadwick Boseman as T’challa.
- The themes are nice, we see family, love and patriotism among others.
- And mos importantly Black panther is the first black super hero. This is a very touchy area for most black people and that is one of the major reasons why I loved it.
- And the name Wakanda is totally kick ass.
The above are some of the reasons why I lov this movie and why you should also watch it. Most people say it is over hyped and that’s a big lie. I love this movie and I recommend it 100% go and watch it and have fun.
Comment let me know your thoughts and if you have watched tell me what you loved about the movie.