Putting all your eggs in one basket in a relationship?
I am sure that many of you are familiar with this saying don’t put all your egg in one basket which literally means never put all your ideas or money or hope on one thing to survive especially in a relationship. This just simply means double dating. Most people are scared of dating only one person because they are afraid of getting hurt and been lonely or because they want to eat their cake and have it.
I will call it putting all your eggs in one basket instead of double dating all though it means the same thing. I counseled a young lady a time ago and she told me she was in a relationship with 4 guys and that she was angry that one of them was cheating on her this left me dumbfounded but I couldn’t be judgmental as a relationship therapist and this got me thinking as I couldn’t blame her as I remembered growing up and hearing people say that as a young lady you should never put all your eggs in one basket because she would miss the right guy why waiting for the wrong one to commit and do the needful(marriage).
I grew up with this mindset although I have not tried it as I always commit fully to a relationship. I have friends who practice this religiously.
Putting all your eggs in one basket doesn’t only apply to girls, some guys also do this.
In this article I will be looking at the pros and cons of putting all your eggs in one basket in a relationship.
- One of the cons of putting all your egg in one basket in a relationship is that your time will be wasted. Some men keep ladies under the spell of I will marry you and never do turning the lady into the lord of the rings wearing engagement ring for seven years.
- Another reason is that your choices are limited; when you don’t put all your eggs in one basket you make your choice as no one is perfect and you never settle for less.
- Your life is dull; you can live an adventurous life as you to take risk on a daily with everything. You get to enjoy a love life with different people and still get to make your choice.
- You are missing out; you never really lack for anything because what the other person doesn’t have the other person will have, so you actually get to eat your cake and have it.
- You are more focused on making your relationship work
- You are trustworthy as your partner trustes you 100%
- You don’t have to live with the fear of getting caught and losing everything
- You don’t have a hard time choosing which one you will agree to if both of them propose at the same time.
- You will have peace of mind
This is all I could come up with in this article. Truthfully it is hard keeping all your eggs in one basket in a world where everyone is pushing you to get married and your respect comes from marriage. At the end of the day choose which you want to do whether to keep it all in one basket or put it in different basket.
As I said earlier most people act like this because of some emotional traumas they have gone through growing up or in a previous relationship. Don’t forget to treat people the way you want to be treated, will you be happy if you realize that the person you are in a relationship is dating 3 other people? Just food for your thought.
Leave a comment for me and tell me what you think below. Do you believe in putting all your eggs in one basket?